The growth of e-commerce has been very much a global story over the last 10 to 15 years. The acceleration of that trend under Covid has also been very much an international trend. Amazon has had a particularly huge part in that.
However many ecommerce business owners are conflicted. Should I sell in Amazon international marketplaces? How do I evaluate such a complex opportunity?
Today we go through a simple 10-step process to evaluate whether Amazon international marketplaces might be right for your business. And if so, how to choose where to expand globally first.
What you’ll learn
- How your long-term plans affect your amazon Global decisions
- What you might do instead of Amazon global expansion
- Why it’s so important to add just one new channel at a time
- The 4 or 5 main barriers to entry
- Who not How and how this applies to Amazon international selling in particular
- What to do to test your thesis
- The most important step of all…a decision that is often neglected!
Resources To Check Out
- Interview with Kevin Sanderson on Amazon expansion to UK for N. American businesses
- Interview with John Cant of Rising Sun Commerce – Japan expansion
- Eva.Guru – multi marketplace Amazon analytics, repricing and stock control – in one
- Simply VAT for UK/US sellers wanting to sell in EU (and US sellers in UK)
- YLT translations of Jana Krekic
- Paul Sonneveld of Merchant Spring – multi-channel (off Amazon) analytics tracking
- Interview with Chris Scrimgour of Payoneer -international markets outside Amazon
Some of the resources on this page may be affiliate links, meaning we receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase. We only promote those products or services that we have investigated and truly feel deliver value to you.