If there’s been one feature of lockdown life that has hit headlines everywhere in the world in 2020 and 2021, it’s the fate of the high street. To read the press, watch TV or follow social media in North America, Europe, Australia/NZ or anywhere else in the Developed nations, it seems as if the physical retail/brick and mortar stores are dead and buried as a business model.
Today’s guest, Paul Brooks, not only disagrees, he sees a huge retail renaissance coming. But rather than thinking about the traditional bricks and mortar vs “e-commerce” divide, Paul has a different view on where the future of retail lies. Paul is based in the UK and is an expert on Retail trends in the UK but nearly all the lessons will apply to retailers anywhere in the globe.
- How the old business model compares to the new business model
- What’s behind the big online players’ moves
- That as social creatures, humans have a need to go to a physical store
- Why big retailers models don’t work
- How to work on a “phygital marketplace“
- How to increase footfall to your store
- The benefits of a pop-up store
- The upcoming opportunities for small businesses