How do you make decisions wisely and profitably?
One of the most important things you can do in business is to get good at decision making. It may feel at times that all that matters is action. Certainly, action counts for a huge amount. Without action, nothing happens in your business. But that can lead to a big delusion: that what matters is just following a playbook. Do certain things in a certain order and hey, presto! A business that works.
In reality, actions that matter are preceded by clear, high-quality decisions.
The question then becomes how to make such good decisions.
It could be Jeff Bezos’s famous “Type 1 and Type 2 Decisions” differentiation. It could be clarifying the nature of the goals is you’re pursuing. It could be getting clear on the deceptively simple question “What do I really want?”
Whatever the principles you follow, the way you approach decisions can have a powerful impact on the actions you and your team take. Which in turn changes the results you produce.
What you’ll learn
- What all decisions force you to do
- The more important decision than “How do I make money online?”
- Jeff Bezos’s two decision types
- The 5 money goal types Jason has identified
- What “Return on Luck” is and why it matters
- Why momentum matters more than the perfect playbook