Build Your Own eCommerce Website DTC as an Amazon Seller with Robert Giovannini of Iron Plane
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:26 — 39.8MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email |
Podcast (10k-podcast): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:26 — 39.8MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn |
We spend so much time as Amazon sellers stressing about how to get OFF Amazon. No wonder. Between Amazon’s iron grip on customer data, the fact they showcase our competition to “our” shoppers/prospective customers and of course…the dreaded suspension email.
We all have solid aspirations to develop our own independent sales channels. The reality however is often a damp squib. So many Amazon sellers I know have a Shopify or WooCommerce site that does almost nothing.
A few I know make a few % of revenue from their DTC site – but with almost no profit! So how do we make this work in reality? Step forward today’s guest, Robert Giovannini of Ironplane.
What You’ll Learn
- How a trip in Russia opened the gates for Robert to start his DTC journey
- When should you decide to start your DTC, is it the right time to put DTC in the mix?
- Working out a relationship between selling on Amazon and on a DTC site to maximize your profit.
- The benefits of using a DTC site over Amazon
- The classics mistakes newbies make on DTC
- When to change your platform and should you maximize everything or getting a gradual increase overtime
- What to expect when you’re changing from one platform to another