Amazon Stock Projections and Dealing with Uncertainty in E-commerce
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 18:29 — 16.9MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify |
Podcast (10k-podcast): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 18:29 — 16.9MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn |
Amazon Stock Projections
Dealing with uncertain futures: projection, 80/20 & Robustness
Projecting e-commerce inventory demands – that is, how much stock to buy & when to have it in a warehouse ready to fulfil to customers – is a constant question for Amazon sellers and all ecommerce sellers.
However, the simple question “How much stock should I buy?” can only be answered by answering some more complex questions.
In this episode, we talk about the basis for our projections; the big-picture factors that need to be taken into account; and some kind of alternative to the idea of “projections” as a way of dealing with the uncertain – if exciting – future of ecommerce.
- The stock market investing equivalent of most “projections” about the future (including inventory needs, for example)
- The alternative approach that we can also learn from stock market investors (hint: the most famous exponent of this is investor Warren Buffett)
- The Geo-political factors that are here to stay for those selling ecommerce in the USA
- The new UK geo-politics and its impact on selling on Amazon UK
- How COVID affects ecommerce future and how to deal with that uncertainty