What is your basic launch strategy? Every Amazon product launch strategy should be “Stick the landing” (make sure the product keeps the keyword ranking after the launch)
Build a great foundation.
- Make sure it’s a strong listing
- Put targetted keywords in targetted places.
- Great keyword research
- Title, bullets, backend keywords
- Search terms – exact search term
- Target 2-3 keywords at a time. Use lower competition keywords. Eg: Helium10 and viral launch. Look at CPR tool on Helium10. Put it in prominent places.
- Higher ACoS is okay. You have no social proof yet.
If you used a launch service, that would be very expensive – 90% off.
Here we discount less but no launch service cost. So it’s more expensive but you have to be willing to take higher ACoS.
- Use a coupon to overcome lack of social proof. 25-50% off. Tier 50% 2 weeks, 25% week, 10% off 1 week, then settle on target price after reviews.
- Create a portfolio of keywords
- Have each child as a “portfolio”.
- Have a launch.
- Start with an aggressive bid to overcome lack of campaign history.
- You’ll have to raise the bid initially.
- As you get better CTR and clicks.
- Track your keywords from the beginning
Do you go for exact search terms? Yes, and repeat it.
Use Voucher codes (UK) or Coupon code (USA)
This is not a promo code. It’s an orange clickable coupon which draws the eye.
You can lower the coupon as you get your desired ranking.
- Go after keywords with decent search volume
- 8-15 keywords
- Launch keywords or “opportunity ones”, make sure to have 2-3 keywords.
- Highly targetted ones (2-3 month aim).
Organising keywords by portfolios.
Improvement in budget allocation by this.
FIRST SET OF CAMPAIGNS:
Base Manual campaign
- Ad group1: Broad match – 8-15
- Ad group 2: Exact match
- (Optional 3rd) Use black box from Helium 10 to find poor competition to target
In this blog post is a whole discussion on product targetting – target products with some kind of poor competition eg: Poor listing, Low reviews.
Moderate to aggressive bids
Fixed bid strategy – because of not worrying about dynamic which it is related to, we can have more impressions.
Then move over to dynamic down the bid strategy.
Impressions are important: You want to see if Amazon will give impressions.
Negative match keywords
This minimises wasted ad explored.
Use keyword tree in Helium10 – not related to what you are selling.
Add in as a negative phrase match.
You should take note that 80% of wasted ad spend comes from one-off clicks.
It would be very hard to do negative exact match to do that.
Same negative keywords as Manual campaign.
The 3rd campaign
Is the highly targetted “opportunity keywords ”.
Mike prefers to set up a separate campaign per keyword.
You can have separate ad groups.
You can try a high bid or a moderate bid plus “top of search” modifier.
Optional external ad campaign: Search-Find-Buy
If they click on the sponsored ad, If CTR (Click-Through Rate) and CVR (Conversion Rate) are good, that history will be logged by amazon and give better costs in the future.
Use email list, directly to the Facebook group, then give away a coupon or a voucher – use this as part of your offer for your Amazon product launch strategy.
Sponsored Brand campaign
Is the third step, or the fourth campaign.
This is a way to get really great exposure.
Amazon is focussing on this and going to give more exposure in future.
Sellers don’t use this well.
A targetted sponsored Brand campaign uses the actual target keywords in the actual headline.
Plus pictures of the item eg: plastic cup
Plus landing page shows that.
You’re aligning everything with customer search term.
Usually exact match is best; Phrase match works too.
Landing page strategy:
It’s not about brand exposure so NOT going to a storefront.
Send people to a list of products in a list page aligned with what they want.
If you have multiple variations:
Have a lifestyle image on Left.
Sponsored brand campaign – can show variations up to 4 times.
Keyword in a headline.
To the right: 1st 3 products – variations of that product.
So they can see products up to four times.
It’s all about alignment
You can combine this with Rebate Key – multiple location signals.
How to communicate with Mike
We have other interviews about optimising Amazon traffic with Mike Zagare.
Watch my full interview with Mike Zagare
[video_page_section type=”youtube” position=”bottom” image=”” btn=”light” heading=”” subheading=”” cta=”” video_width=”1080″ hide_related=”false” hide_logo=”false” hide_controls=”false” hide_title=”false” hide_fullscreen=”false”]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL0vME1OvkA&feature=youtu.be[/video_page_section]