Management Accounting for Amazon Sellers
Resources Mentioned today
Management accounting cf financial accounting
- Why accounting does not just mean “financial accounting”
- What management accounting is and why you need it
- The limitations of Quickbooks and Xero for Amazon sellers
- Who the reports are actually designed for
- Why the delay in reporting is so critical
Why Amazon sellers often struggle with numbers
- Why Amazon being is so easy to start can be a problem
- Why Amazon “is ecommerce on training wheels”
- Which piece of management is the least developed
- Why having no excel skills leaves Amazon sellers in trouble
Why Paul created Sellerscale– Meditation pillow
– Low pricing power Bec not differentiated
– Didn’t realise until it was too late and he was out of business!
– It’s cheaper to do due dil upfront
– He shared the spreadsheet and got a lot of feedback
Why Amazon accounting is inherently hard
- The issue with Amazon reports
- The thing you have to do with Amazon reports that’s even harder
- The one thing you can’t do easily with Amazon reports that is critical to cashflow and cash cycle management
- The intrinsic e-commerce issue – especially if you’re importing – that means you can’t affrod to get your economics wrong.
- The three big issues with accounting packages like Xero and Quickbooks for Amazon management accounting
- The 5 main Amazon management accounting problems Seller Scale solves
Trying out Sellerscale
As well as a 14-day free trial (No credit card needed), you can get 75% off first 2 months as a podcast listener.
1. Copy this Discount code:
Sergey is CMO of Sellerscale, which is a management accounting platform that helps amazon sellers stay on top of their financials.
Watch Amazon Management Accounting with Sergey Faldin of Sellerscale
[video_page_section type=”youtube” position=”bottom” image=”” btn=”light” heading=”” subheading=”” cta=”” video_width=”1080″ hide_related=”false” hide_logo=”false” hide_controls=”false” hide_title=”false” hide_fullscreen=”false”]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmwRK2l2i20&feature=youtu.be[/video_page_section]