Thomas Smale is the Founder and CEO of FE International. He is a serial business entrepreneur and M&A expert, having built the industry leading firm in the $1-100M global technology sector.
Smale is an authority source on e-commerce, and in fact established the very category of M&A advisory for online businesses.
Smale began building and selling online companies in his early 20s as an interest. When he proved to have a natural talent for increasing the value of these businesses, this became his full-time career.
Over the last decade, Smale has grown FE International into an award-winning global M&A advisor of SaaS, e-commerce, and content businesses, completing acquisitions for thousands of founders, owners, and acquirers and advising on over $500MM in lifetime acquisitions.
In this episode you will learn:
- The elements that drive value/price.
- Reliability and consistency.
- Find out the things that people don’t care about such as SKUs.
- Approach relationship between revenue/gross profit and # SKUs.
- Preparing for a sale the best way to increase the value of your business.
- What to do when buyers come in and look at everything.
- Things you do to exit your business.
- The middle ground between no planning and a plan.
- Difference between Brokers vs Aggregators.