Okay, so you’re an Amazon 3rd Party Seller and you’ve decided that using Amazon ads (formerly AMS) could boost your sales and your business. Now how to start?
You could plunge into the 100s of technical podcasts, blog posts and youtube videos. But if you’re new to the whole ad platform, that’s going to be overwhelming. Instead, let us walk you through the basics and give some simple but battle-tested guiding principles for practical action to boost your sales.
As an additional resource, Check out this guide about Marketing Your Small Business.
- What Amazon ads are – and the options
- What Amazon advertising can do to boost your sales
- The make-or-break relationship between the ads and product listing
- The hidden power of “intent” – what it is, why it matters
- How to find additional keywords – without overhelm
- How low price points impact the economics of advertising
- The simplest way to set up Amazon ads
- How to get Amazon to do the heavy lifting for you
- The simple hack to find the best keywords for your Amazon listing
- The one tool that covers pretty much all your keyword research needs
- The critical importance of 3 financial numbers
- Why low price points can kill your profit
- https://advertising.amazon.com/ – the login to amazon advertising (& Amazon’s explanations)
- Google Ad Quality Score Definition
- Helium10 Amazon Research Tool Suite
- Viral Launch Amazon Research Suite
- Merchantwords Google (and possibly Amazon) keyword suggestion & search volume tool
- Keyword Inspector (Reverse ASIN tool -meaning that you put in the ASIN -Amazon ID number – of a product into the tool and it gives a list of keywords for which the product is ranking)
Interviews with Amazon Ads experts on 10K Collective podcast:
- Amazon ad management with Brian Johnson of Canopy Management
- Amazon Advertising and profits with Mike Zagare of PPC Entourage