#14 Why you should love Customer Service
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
This Episode, #14, is an “in-between-isode” dealing with one particular area: Customer Service for your Amazon FBA business. From this grows the whole area of your Brand and reputation, and your connection to your customers.
**STOP PRESS** REVIEWS CONTEST!
The first 25 people to review the show on iTunes will be entered into a draw. The winner will receive a £50 Amazon Voucher from Amazing FBA!
Head over to iTunes now and leave your review! If you haven’t already, you can also subscribe through iTunes to get all the info you need to start your own successful Amazon business!
CONTEST ENDS Sat. 27 Sept. 2015, so hurry if you want to win!
SHOW NOTES FOR EPISODE #14
- Customer service – why you should love hearing about your customer’s problems
- hearing from your customers means they are not yet leaving a negative review
- You can find out what aspects of your product are a problem for your customers – this is very important for improving the product.
- It’s a chance to connect with them. This is huge!
- Saying sorry and making someone happy who was in pain creates much more rapport than having little emotional interaction.
- It’s more likely that you’ll get a 5-star review from great customer service from a former 1-star review than an average buyer! (in my experience so far)
- Customer reviews – responding
- respond to ALL reviews – to encourage any behaviour, feed it with ATTENTION!
- to negative reviews, tell them you’re sorry, give them a way to contact you e.g. [email protected], and promise to put it right
- to positive reviews, thank them, put in plenty of keywords to help your listing rank for those!
- Brand Building
- Brand=total association a customer has with your product, company or you personally.
- It’s not just a logo or packaging. The latter are just a sub-set of Branding. For example if I see the Nike “swoosh”, I think of their running shoes. But I also think the same when I hear the word.
- Brand includes Reputation – i.e. what people say about you to others.
- It also includes the unconscious associations, e.g., for Nike, glistening sprinters (adverts), “Just do it” logo; also street wear in certain parts of certain cities! Positive AND negative.
- is different again from Branding – even more powerful.
- e.g. If you say “running Shoes”, you probably think of “Nike” – so you have got “top of mind”
- to start with, you won’t have that.
- You won’t even have any associations with your logo or visual branding, except the immediate type of impression that the visuals give. Important but not the whole picture.
- Connecting with your customers off Amazon (marketing channels)
- Email lists – put an insert in your product packaging driving traffic to an email sign up page e.g., www.yourbusiness.com/warranty. – idea is to sign up for a product warranty.
- Social media followers,e.g.,
- Facebook Pages and groups
- Twitter followers
- Youtube subscribers etc.
- Sales channels off Amazon:
- Your own website
- other places e.g. eBay
- It’s not necessarily just about physical products
- You could also sell information products
- Physical ones
- Books! – Amazon started with this
- Digital ones
- Online training e.g., Amazing Selling Machine
- Don’t look for more Customers for your Products; Look for more Products for your Customers!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS PODCAST
A podcast is a free downloadable audio show that enables you to learn while you’re on the go. To subscribe to my podcast for free, you’ll need an app to listen to the show from.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Amazing FBA”.
This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Amazing FBA Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is: http:// amazingfba.com/feed/podcast.
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page.
If you have any queries, just go to www.amazingfba.com/ask.