This is Part 3 of the interview with Aaron O’Sullivan from SystemsCultureImpact.com. This episode is geared towards people who are scaling up from 20-30 products to 100+ SKUs or product lines and people around the level of 6-7 figures per month that are looking to create a business development strategy. Check out Part 1 and Part 2 of this interview to find out more about the systems you need to set up in your life and business to scale.
This is Part 2 of the interview with Aaron O’Sullivan from SystemsCultureImpact.com. In part one Aaron covered the ways you can build out the systems in your life and business that will allow you to grow your business on Amazon. In this episode, we’re focusing on someone who’s already live and has at least 20 products.
Aaron O’Sullivan is the guest today from SystemsCultureImpact.com to talk about how to start a business online.
This is Part 4 of the series with Nathan Hirsch of FreeeUp.com who is sharing some fantastic information about using FreeeUp. This episode is exclusive to the YouTube viewers and anyone who is watching rather than listening. In the video, Nathan is walking through an example of using FreeeUp because it’s great to actually see it in use.
This is part 3 of the interview with Nathan Hirsch of FreeeUp who is sharing some fantastic information about outsourcing. In the last episode, we talked about the general principals of outsourcing, which he is incredibly experienced at.
Back on the show today is Nathan Hirsch to continue our conversation about outsourcing Amazon tasks.
On the show today is Nathan Hirsch of FreeeUp.com to talk about how to outsource Amazon.
Episode#64 Outsourcing – getting started (Big Picture)
1. Business moving ahead when I’m not manually working on it
2. Feels good!
3. Difference in earning power
4. Learning to delegate and manage
5. Forces you to structure processes and clarify outcomes for processes
1. Spare Cashflow
3. If you’re overwhelmed. Not by structure (what or how to do) but time famine and minutiae
4. Business getting stuck.
If you are getting stuck and overwhelmed, chances are you need more than VAs – you need a peer group and some input from others who have hit your problem and solved it.
Best thing is a mastermind – there are many options, including the one I run ( more details here) – pick one and go for it, just be sure that you will get real input into your business though.
1. “I should do this” list
2. Things that are blocking business from moving forward,e.g., getting shortlists of potential products; getting lists of potential suppliers;
3. Tasks that are needed to keep business moving – eg customer service emails and/or calls; checking inventory levels; checking amazon ads spend etc.
2. Philippines $2-3 per hour va
3. Eastern Europe $3-5 oh va
1. Students – $2-3+ an hour
2. Graduates with little experience $3+ an hour
3. Some experience ?
4. Specialists eg book keepers £30 ph Inc vat
5. Experts eg accountants £90 per hour Inc vat
Notes of caution
1. Never use the new hire for mission critical tasks – try them out first !
2. Cost per completed task is the correct metric, not just cost/hour
3. Get people on board before you really need them!
4. Try, clarify, buy! : Try tasks before you buy someone in to do them! Clarify process first. Then buy in outsourcers.
However, the act of outsourcing forces you to clarify your business’s processes!
5. Eliminate before delegate eg foolish product research that doesn’t move business forward; excessive email.
6. Automate before delegate eg jungle scout rather than VAs (affiliate link)
7. Beware of ONE anything! eg One VA doing all your customer service- who then disappears. One supplier who ups their prices, or whose products have Quality Control issues.
8. Delegate don’t abdicate – you’re always responsible for your business and all its actions.
You’re responsible for clarifying the task or role and structuring work clearly.
You’re responsible for monitoring progress and correcting course if needed (praising good work and deftly criticising to get best results while maintaining relationships with good quality outsourcers) .
Keep an eye on all automated and delegated tasks.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS PODCAST
A podcast is a free downloadable audio show that enables you to learn while you’re on the go. To subscribe to my podcast for free, you’ll need an app to listen to the show from.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Amazing FBA”.
This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right away.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is: http:// amazingfba.com/feed/podcast.
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page.
If you have any queries, just go to www.amazingfba.com/ask