#17 How to Create an Email List of your Amazon Customers
This Episode, #17, is a tactical one by popular demand: How to Create an Email List of your Amazon Customers. It’s a popular topic and rightly so. It’s a bit of a technical area, so it may be something that you want to outsource. But I still highly recommend you understand the process so you have some understanding of what you are asking someone to do, how much work is involved and what a reasonable fee would be for that work.
**STOP PRESS** REVIEWS CONTEST!
The first 25 people to review the show on iTunes will be entered into a draw. The winner will receive a £50 Amazon Voucher from Amazing FBA!
Head over to iTunes now and leave your review! If you haven’t already, you can also subscribe through iTunes to get all the info you need to start your own successful Amazon business!
CONTEST EXTENDED to the end of November or 1st 25 reviews, whichever comes first !
SHOW NOTES FOR EPISODE #17
Why do this? Strategic goals:
- Part of audience building
- Build a business that is independent of Amazon
- Connect more with customers – what do they want/need? what would they buy?
- Create those products – physical or info
- “The money is in the list”
- How (tactics)
Join Amazon Insider Secrets and I will do a video on this
- Website (LANDING POINT)- let me know if you need help on this, I’m not covering this in detail in this episode – I will add video to Amazon Insider Secrets if asked
- Choose domain name – I recommend Blue host. Cost: around $12 pa.
- choose hosting – I recommend Blue host. Cost about $6/mo
- Choose CMS – I recommend WordPress (1 click install with Blue Host). Free.
2. Email autoresponder (EMAIL)
- choose one – I recommend aWeber (cost $18/month)
- sign up
- create a List of customers eg Product Warranty
- create a sign-up form
- create first email (eg welcome)
- optional – create follow up sequence
3. Opt-in page
- choose one
- – WordPress does “Optimise Press” theme, which is cheaper than LeadPages.
- I recommend Leadpages (cost $25/month if you pay annually -! or $37/mo if you pay monthly-PLEASE NOTE!)
- Sign up
- Integration with email service provider:
- Create a new leadpages template
- At top bar, click “Leadpages”
- Click “Create a new page”
- Choose a template – if in doubt, keep it simple
- Choose industry – “Retail” probably
- Edit form – fairly intuitive
- Click on edit opt-in box
- Under integration settings,
- Under integrate form with, choose “aWeber”
- Under Using, choose “name of your group eg Product Warranty”
- Save, publish
- Check the published page works
4. Website redirect
- Create a page named “warranty” or other
- Get it to appear in menu bar
- Create a redirect to the Leadpages page
- Use the plugin “Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin”
- Test it!
5. Product inserts(driving traffic)
- Create wording – e.g., “To activate your Lifetime Warranty, go to mybusiness.com/warranty“
- Create PDF
- Ask Chinese supplier to create and print and insert into each unit
- Specify size, type of paper if possible
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS PODCAST
A podcast is a free downloadable audio show that enables you to learn while you’re on the go. To subscribe to my podcast for free, you’ll need an app to listen to the show from.
This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Amazing FBA Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is: http:// amazingfba.com/feed/podcast.
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page.
If you have any queries, just go to www.amazingfba.com/ask.